Acne can be the bane of any sufferer’s existence.
It can be painful both emotionally and physically depending on how severe the condition. But, thankfully, you can treat acne naturally without harsh chemicals and experience some awesome health benefits, too.
1. Limit Your Dairy Products: Dairy has long been known to cause phlegm and congestion which can lead to several skin problems. In fact, just eliminating dairy products has been known to clear up serious acne conditions. But be careful and read all the labels, as dairy products are hidden in many processed foods that might not be so apparent.
2. Drink Plenty of Fresh Filtered Water: Keeping your body hydrated with the best substance on the planet, fresh filtered water, is the best way to treat your skin and rid yourself of toxins. Try to drink at least 64 ounces of fresh filtered water each day (or 8 full glasses daily).
3. Cleanse with a 3-Day Juice Fast: To do this, combine cucumbers, apples, celery and spinach juice and mix well. Next, drink at least 64 ounces a day for three days. Afterwards, introduce foods back into your diet slowly, avoiding dairy and processed foods as much as possible. Of course, you should always consult your doctor before trying any fast or diet changes.
4. Use Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix one part apple cider vinegar with one part filtered water, and dap a little on a cotton ball or soft cloth. Apply this mixture to the acne prone areas of your skin after washing. For really serious outbreaks, apply several times a day.
5. Intake Healthy Probiotics: Having healthy gut flora is an essential component of health. Sometimes having an overgrowth of yeast and unhealthy bacteria can manifest as acne. Eating the right kind of foods and adding in healthy probiotics can often help in clearing up your acne.
6. Lower Your Sodium Intake: Everyone needs sodium and iodine, but most people get far too much. Switch to sea salt instead, and limit the amount you use to help lessen the severity of your outbreaks. Try only salting either during cooking or at the table (but not both).
7. Practice Meditation: Stress can cause a hormonal domino that can worsen frequent skin flare-ups. Manage your stress naturally through meditation or yoga to stay calm, and avoid the harmful effects that stress has on your skin.
8. Eliminate Processed Sugar: Processed sugar can be the culprit in many health issues. Replace processed sugars with natural fruit sugars and retrain your taste buds to the natural flavor of food without added sugars. Believe me, your skin will thank you.
Best of all, the tips included here will not only help clear up your acne, but will improve your health in other ways, too. Some other benefits might be losing weight, feeling better, and lowering your risk of heart disease. Great outcomes for what you’re trying to achieve, don’t you agree?
Let us help you achieve your healthy skin glow! Or schedule a consultation appointment to discuss your skin care needs!
Look your best all day… every day!
Emily Marshall, President and Licensed Cosmetologist
Northwest Dermacolor Center